Dyces Head Lighthouse is located in Castine, Maine. It was first established in 1829 but deactivated in 1937 when replaced by a tower to the south. It was reactivated in 2008 when the replacement was destroyed by a storm. The lighthouse, as well as the entire town of Castine, is on the National Register of Historic Places. Castine is a very peaceful and relaxing place off he beaten path. The lighthouse is owned by the city and allows the current tenant to live in the house in exchange for upkeep and landscaping.... not a bad deal!